The Good Shepherd Volunteer at Bushwick Leaders High School requires a high energy, strengths-based individual
who will lead by example; motivating and actively engaging young people through our after school program and
daytime school-wide projects. The GSV will oversee and participate in the after school program, lead in student
activities and ensure all work is youth centered.
- Provide leadership, monitoring, and participation of After-School program and staff.
- Participate in After School Program Activities; encouraging and ensuring an environment that is youth
development rooted, fostering safety, belonging, and a sense of mastery in activity.
- Facilitate groups and activities promoting leadership and community services.
- Assist in participant recruitment activities and presentations and registration.
- Perform daily attendance outreach to absent participants.
- Assist staff with field trip planning.
- Provide coverage for absent staff.
- Assist in facilitating and coordinating school-wide community events and culminating end of semester events.
- Create and facilitate day-time school based activities that will promote increased attendance.
- Monitor supplies and materials needed, and assist in ordering as necessary.
- Participate in Cafe Jams and run/lead activities during community hour.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings