HR Intern: Rescue Mission of Utica, Rescue Mission of Utica, Utica, New York
DescriptionCity Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 positions across the USA and Canada. In the past 10 years, we have placed over 500 full-time interns and 68,000+ volunteers in hundreds of Christian ministries. The HR Intern will serve to assist the Director of Human Resources and support team with a wide range of human resource functions and projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation and employee benefits. PRIMARY DUTIES: ? Assist with maintaining the electronic applicant log. ? Provide administrative support with phone calls, filing, faxing, scanning, etc. ? Update and coordinate HR forms/processes utilized throughout the Mission. ? Coordinate packets for new hires, interns, benefit eligible and separated employees. ? Maintain and update the departmental bulletin boards with required posters. ? Coordinate pre-employment efforts as needed. ? Conduct research for HR projects. ? Assist with HR audits to ensure Mission is in compliance. ? Perform back-up duties for other HR functions as assigned. ? HR support team will present additional learning opportunities as they arise throughout the internship. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: ? Studying Human Resources, Business Degree or related field. ? Relevant experience helpful. ? Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. ? Self directed, able to work independently and within a team. ? Enthusiastic support of our Mission Statement and Vision. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: ? Student member of SHRM a plus. For Interns without a Bachelors Degree: One Year (or summer) Work Study Internship
- Provides a work study internship with free tuition in City Vision College for a full year paid by hosting ministry.
- Online courses providing accredited degrees in Nonprofit Management, Addiction Studies, and Urban Missions.
- Housing is provided by hosting ministry (or a cash equivalent living stipend).
- Any Pell grant or other federal financial aid paid as cash payment to student (up to $5,645).
- Expectation is typically 29 hours of volunteer work with 16 hours of class work per week (45 hours total).
- At least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be a Christian
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien, or have a valid student or work visa
- Able to make at least a one year (or summer) commitment (may be extended by mutual agreement)For more information or to apply visit cityvisioninternships.org. For more information about this site visit Rescue Mission of Utica, Inc..
Group Minimum and Maximum
0 - 0
Short Term Mission Trip Details
References from people who have done Short Term Missions with this organization before are available upon request. Submit "Send Inquiry or Apply" to receive more information.
- Free Undergrad City Vision Tuition
- Housing or Rental Stipend
Amount Paid (if any)
Cost (per person)
This cost includes:
Length of Trip