City Vision Internship: Urban Ministry Administrator Intern, TechMission Inc, Dorchester, Massachusetts
DescriptionJob Description. The Urban Ministry Administrator Internship will help equip the intern for future careers in nonprofit administration. The Urban Ministry Administrator Intern is a full-time position in Boston, MA and will report to the TechMission's Executive Director. Duties include the following:
- Answers inquiries about City Vision Internships program and TechMission website by phone and e-mail
- Reviews City Vision internship applicants daily performing sex offender check, converting applicants and compiling applicants into spreadsheet for internal review
- Collects contracts from all ministries and interns
- Maintains accuracy of internship and ministry records in Salesforce and invoices in QuickBooks
- Supports marketing efforts of ChristianVolunteering.org and City Vision Internships including writing e-newsletters, online marketing and developing partnerships
- Works with Executive Director to proofread grants to foundations to fund the City Vision Internship program
- Supports the physical operations of office including supplies and basic equipment.
- Assists with supporting TechMission with administrative areas as needed
- Individuals at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be a Christian actively attending their local church.
- U.S. or Canadian citizen, U.S. or Canadian national or lawful permanent resident alien.
- Individuals applying for this position should have very strong organizational skills and should be detail-oriented.
- Moderate knowledge of computers is required (extensive experience with Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Windows).
- Background and experience in working with diverse urban populations is strongly desired, as well as experience in working with churches and Christian communities.
- Bachelor's degree
Interns will receive:About TechMission TechMission is a Christian nonprofit parachurch ministry focused on connecting and equipping people to serve the poor. In the past 10 years, TechMission:
- On-the-job training in nonprofit administration
- A rental supplement paid directly to your landlord
- Basic health insurance
- Free tuition in City Vision's Nonprofit Management, Addiction Studies and Urban Missions; Master's in Science, Technology, Society, and Ministry; or Bakke Graduate University programs including MBA, Masters in Global Leadership or Social Entrepreneurship or Doctorate in Ministry or Transformational Leadership.
- Any Pell grant or other federal financial aid paid as cash payment to student.
- Interns with a Bachelor's degree will also receive a basic living cash stipend of $200-500/month.
You can find out more at www.techmission.org. Apply at: www.cityvisioninternships.org.
- Matched 72,533 volunteers through ChristianVolunteering.org & programs
- Funded 511 full-time AmeriCorps Members & interns for ministries serving 24,180 at-risk youth through City Vision Internships
- Served over 10 million unique visitors through our websites Provided accredited college courses with 536 students taking 2,468 courses through City Vision College
- Provided $78.6 million in resources to sites only spending $13 million (605% return on investment)
Group Minimum and Maximum
0 - 0
Short Term Mission Trip Details
References from people who have done Short Term Missions with this organization before are available upon request. Submit "Send Inquiry or Apply" to receive more information.
- Free Graduate Bakke Tuition
- Free Master's in Technology and Ministry
- Free Undergrad City Vision Tuition
- Housing or Rental Stipend
- Paid Stipend
Amount Paid (if any)
Cost (per person)
This cost includes:
Length of Trip