City Vision Internship: Accounting & Operations Intern, TechMission Inc, Dorchester, Massachusetts
DescriptionJob Description. The accounting intern reports to the President of City Vision University/TechMission. The position is full-time (40 hours/week) and is based in Boston, MA. Duties include the following:
- Entering bills into Quickbooks and filing receipts
- Assisting with monthly reconciliations of accounts
- Assisting in audit preparation duties
- Entering invoices and assisting with managing accounts receivable
- Track donations and provide end of year receipts
- Processing requests for program materials, group charters and books for Christians-in-Recovery.org and AlcoholicsVictorious.org
- Responding to phone, email and content review requests on ChristianVolunteering.org, UrbanMinistry.org, Christians-in-Recovery.org, AlcoholicsVictorious.org, and other websites.
- Supports the physical operations of office including supplies and basic equipment.
- Providing administrative and user support for City Vision's learning management system
- Providing administrative support to City Vision or the City Vision Internships program as needed
- Provide administrative support to the President
- Provide support for any tasks as needed
- Individuals at least 18 years old and have completed some college.
- Must be a Christian actively attending their local church.
- U.S. or Canadian citizen, U.S. or Canadian national or lawful permanent resident alien.
- Individuals applying for this position should have very strong organizational skills and should be detail-oriented.
- Moderate knowledge of computers is required (extensive experience with Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Windows).
- Background and experience in working with diverse urban populations is strongly desired, as well as experience in working with churches and Christian communities.
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience in accounting, Quickbooks, and Google Docs
Intern will receive: This position provides free tuition in a Master?s in Business Administration program with Bakke University. The intern would take their first half of their classes in City Vision?s Master?s program, and the second half through Bakke University. See more details at: http://web.cityvisioninternships.org/mbafellows/
- $500/month cash stipend
- A rental supplement paid directly to your landlord (Up to $700 per month)About TechMission TechMission is a Christian nonprofit parachurch ministry focused on connecting and equipping people to serve the poor. In the past 10 years, TechMission:
You can find out more at www.techmission.org. Apply at: www.cityvisioninternships.org.
- Matched 72,533 volunteers through ChristianVolunteering.org & programs
- Funded 511 full-time AmeriCorps Members & interns for ministries serving 24,180 at-risk youth through City Vision Internships
- Served over 10 million unique visitors through our websites Provided accredited college courses with 536 students taking 2,468 courses through City Vision College
- Provided $78.6 million in resources to sites only spending $13 million (605% return on investment)
Group Minimum and Maximum
0 - 0
Short Term Mission Trip Details
References from people who have done Short Term Missions with this organization before are available upon request. Submit "Send Inquiry or Apply" to receive more information.
- Free Graduate Bakke Tuition
- Free Master's in Technology and Ministry
- Housing or Rental Stipend
- Paid Stipend
Amount Paid (if any)
Cost (per person)
This cost includes:
Length of Trip
(this opportunity is not scheduled for a specific date)