Administrative Intern: Why Not Prosper, Inc., Why Not Prosper, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
DescriptionCity Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 positions across the USA and Canada. In the past 10 years, we have placed over 500 full-time interns and 68,000+ volunteers in hundreds of Christian ministries. Administrative Intern: The intern reports to the executive director and is responsible for providing general office and client support services in an efficient and effective manner to ensure there is no disruption in the implementation of our programs. Responsibilities include:
For Interns without a Bachelors Degree: One Year Work Study Internship
- Providing support services in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within the Why Not Prosper organization.
- Provide client support services, such as helping complete applications and making appointments; direct the general public to the appropriate staff member, answer the telephone if no one else is available in a courteous and respectful manner; assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, site visits and telephone calls.
- Perform clerical duties in order to maintain the Why Not Prosper administrative offices by maintaining a current and accurate filing system, monitoring the use of supplies and equipment, and coordinating the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Seek assistance on client matters from the Executive Director as needed, and communicate problems, issues or concerns to her immediately.
- Assist in distributing news and expanding contacts through social media sources such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Provides a work study internship with free tuition in City Vision College for a full year paid by hosting ministry.
- Online courses providing accredited degrees in Nonprofit Management, Addiction Studies, and Urban Missions.
- Housing is provided by hosting ministry (or a cash equivalent living stipend).
- Any Pell grant or other federal financial aid paid as cash payment to student (up to $5,645).
- Expectation is typically 29 hours of volunteer work with 16 hours of class work per week (45 hours total).
For more information or to apply visit cityvisioninternships.org. For more information about this site visit Why Not Prosper, Inc..
- At least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be a Christian
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national or lawful permanent resident alien, or have a valid student or work visa
- Able to make at least a one year commitment (may be extended by mutual agreement)
- Able to financially live on just free room and board and any outside income sources you have.
- Able to relocate to a location of a ministry site (unless a site exists at your current location)
Group Minimum and Maximum
0 - 0
Short Term Mission Trip Details
References from people who have done Short Term Missions with this organization before are available upon request. Submit "Send Inquiry or Apply" to receive more information.
- Free Undergrad City Vision Tuition
- Housing or Rental Stipend
Amount Paid (if any)
Cost (per person)
This cost includes:
Length of Trip